PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. THIS IS A LEGAL DOCUMENT THAT AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS!
This Release and Waiver of Liability ("Release") executed on the date of this form submission, by the volunteer named above ("Volunteer") in favor of HomeStretch, Inc./Housing Initiative of North Fulton. d/b/a HomeStretch, a Georgia nonprofit corporation, its directors, officers, employees and agents (collectively, "HomeStretch"). Volunteer (and guardian) desires to work as a volunteer for HomeStretch and engage in the activities related to being a volunteer ("Activities"). Volunteer (and guardian) understands that the Activities may include working at residential property locations and also in the HomeStretch office.
Volunteer (and guardian) hereby freely, voluntarily, and without duress executes this Release under the following terms:
1. RELEASE AND WAIVER. Volunteer (and guardian) does hereby release and forever discharge and hold harmless HomeStretch and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from Volunteer's activities related to HomeStretch.
Volunteer (and guardian) understands that this Release discharges HomeStretch from any liability or claim that Volunteer (and guardian) may have against HomeStretch with respect to any bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from Volunteer's Activities related to HomeStretch, whether caused by the negligence of HomeStretch or its officers, directors, employees, or agents or otherwise. Volunteer also understands that HomeStretch does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide financial assistance or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health, or disability insurance in the event of injury or illness.
2. MEDICAL TREATMENT. Volunteer (and guardian) does hereby release and forever discharge HomeStretch from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first aid, treatment, or service rendered in connection with Volunteer's Activities with HomeStretch.
3. ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK. Volunteer (and guardian) understands that Activities may include work that may be hazardous to Volunteer, including, but not limited to, construction, loading and unloading, and transportation to and from the work sites. Volunteer (and guardian) hereby expressly and specifically assumes the risk of harm in Activities and releases HomeStretch from all liability for injury, illness, death, or property damage resulting from Activities.
4. INSURANCE. Volunteer (and guardian) understands that, except as otherwise agreed to by HomeStretch in writing, HomeStretch does not carry or maintain health, medical, or disability insurance coverage for any volunteer.
Each volunteer is expected and encouraged to obtain, his or her own medical or health insurance coverage.
5. PHOTOGRAPHIC RELEASE. Volunteer (and guardian) does hereby grant and convey unto HomeStretch all right, title, and interest in any and all photographic images and video or audio recordings made by or at the request of HomeStretch during Volunteer's Activities with HomeStretch, including, but not limited to, any royalties, proceeds, or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings.
6. OTHER. Volunteer (and guardian) expressly agrees that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Georgia, and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia. Volunteer agrees that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of the Release which shall continue to be enforceable.
7. MINORS. It is the policy of HomeStretch that children under the age of 14 are not allowed on a worksite while there is construction in progress. It is further the policy of HomeStretch that, while children between the ages of 16 and 18 may be allowed to participate in construction work, hazardous activities such as using power tools, excavation, demolition, or working on rooftops are not permitted by anyone under the age of 18. Volunteer (and guardian) understands these restrictions and agrees to abide by them. GUARDIAN MUST SIGN**