Volunteers make the difference in the success of the HomeStretch programs. With your help families can move to stable finances, employment, family relationships and housing. There are many opportunities throughout the year to fit your time frame and skill sets.
You or your group can volunteer for a few hours, a day or an extended commitment. Regardless of the time you invest, you can help transform the lives of HomeStretch families by sharing your time and talents. Send in the Volunteer Registration Form (complete online or download pdf) or call HomeStretch and sign up today!
- General office work: answer phones, greet visitors and assist staff with clerical projects
- Computer work: correspondence, special event and on-going projects creating documents and spreadsheets
- Volunteer on a Board committee: program, development, property, marketing, finance, personnel
- Legal services
- Tax preparation
- Medical, dental care
- Marketing, public relations, communications
- Apartment(s) remodeling, painting and repair
- Landscaping and yard maintenance
- Furniture moving
- Cleaning and preparing apartments for a new family move-in
- Financial mentor – meet with a family and social worker each month to assess and plan for their financial stability
- Family mentor – act as a source of encouragement and wisdom for the family; be a healthy support as they work on achieving their goals
- Academic tutor – assist the children with homework or school projects
- LifeSkills education workshops – facilitate a class, mentor youth, provide dinner (approximately 75 people), help setup and clean up
- Resources and job coaching – assist family's social worker to locate resources for the family such as child care, transportation, resume preparation, job referrals, medical services
- Event planning and committee work on one of HomeStretch's major fundraisers
- Assist as Event Volunteer on the day of fundraiser
Who Can Volunteer
Groups – Service groups from schools, corporations, civic and faith-based organizations are welcome. Projects can be arranged for older youth and adults.
Individuals – Many of the volunteer opportunities are perfect for individuals who want to support the HomeStretch mission.
Community Service Hours – HomeStretch is happy to provide verification for volunteer hours completed with us.
Have another idea? Email Us